- Please note - if you are booking your course from overseas. It is essential that you provide us with contact details once you are in the UK as soon as possible, either your mobile number or a landline number from where you will be staying.
- You can pay by debit or credit card over the phone, we except all major cards.
- You can also pay online; via PayPal, (you do not need a PayPal account).
- Full payment to be made on booking all courses.
- Full payment must also be made when booking the 4-hour taster workshop.
- Once payment has been received, you will be sent a welcome pack containing this information, booking confirmation and payment receipt. This can be emailed and / or posted to you and will be sent within 24hrs of the full payment being received (usually the same day).
- Please note, if any course enquiry with a provisional date, is not paid for to confirm the booking (as above) within five working days of the initial contact, unfortunately we will have to release any date discussed and make it available for other customers to book. If the course date falls within the five working days, payment must be on initial contact.
- We have noticed that an increasing number of our customers like to return and see/photograph Exmoor during different seasons and/or have done both the Standard and Red Deer Rut Special Course with us here at Exmoor Photography. Or perhaps they have simply upgraded/changed their camera. Therefore, to show our appreciation for your repeat business. If you are a returning customer and have already completed one course with us, you will be entitled to a 10% discount on your next course booking. This offer does not apply to 4hr workshops.
- Offer applies to the standard course only and is for the returning customer only. Our normal discounts apply for group bookings. Offer does not apply to Exclusive 1 to 1, Red Deer Rut Special, Cuckoo Special or RSPB Ham Wall Special. Please contact us if you think this offer may apply to you.
- Course gift vouchers must be used within 6 months (course date booked) from the date of purchase.
- The course date itself must be completed within 12 months of the GV purchase date.
- Please note that 4hr workshop and standard course gift vouchers can be upgraded to one of our course specials. Additional fee will be payable on booking this will be the difference between the voucher value and the upgraded course cost. Please note that any current course discounts will not apply. Any upgrade will be dependent on availability.
- Gift vouchers are not redeemable for cash.
- Please note the receipt will have the attending participant’s names on it and must be presented to Exmoor Photography staff at the meet & greet session on day of the course.
- Late arrivals: Please note that if you arrive late on the course day booked, we will only be able to hold the course for a maximum of 20 minutes, and you will miss the ‘meet & greet’. After this time, we will have to continue without you. In this situation, we regret that the course is non-refundable.
- If you cannot make the course date booked, we will arrange an alternative date with you ASAP (this must be within 18 months of the original course date).
- If we have to change the course date booked we will offer you an alternative date ASAP (this must be within 18 months of the original course date).
- Please note that courses may be postponed if adverse weather conditions are forecast. Jack keeps a close eye on the weather forecast and may postpone the course the day before if necessary. We will phone you by 4.00 pm the day before the course date, if required. We do not expect our customers to participate on the courses, in pouring rain or fog. We can control most things, but not the weather! In the event of a postponement, we will re-book your workshop/course as soon as possible on a mutually agreeable date, may not be the same season. (as per T&C’s). If you are unable to return in the immediate future because of other commitments we will provide you with a voucher, that you can use use for re-booking when able.
- Kingfisher Hide Special -
if the birds are a no show on the day of your course we will refund £50.00. Alternatively, we will offer you another day FOC (may not be same season), subject to a nominal charge towards the site fee we pay and your lunch (£40.00). If we have to cancel the course ourselves (other than weather forecast, see T&C’s) we will refund you the full amount with no handling fees or charges.
- Red Deer Rut Special -
if the deer are a no show on the day of your course we will refund £50.00. Alternatively, we will offer you another day FOC (may not be same season), subject to a nominal charge towards our costs and your lunch (£40.00). If we have to cancel the course ourselves (other than weather forecast, see T&C’s) we will refund you the full amount with no handling fees or charges.
- Cuckoo & Moorland Bird Special -
if the birds are a no show on the day of your course we will refund £50.00. Alternatively, we will offer you another day FOC (may not be same season), subject to a nominal charge towards our costs and your lunch (£40.00). If we have to cancel the course ourselves (other than weather forecast, see T&C’s) we will refund you the full amount with no handling fees or charges.
- Bad weather on the day of any full day course –
if we have started the course and the weather changes, we will offer you and alternative day ASAP (may not be the same season, if a wildlife course) the new date is subject to a minimum charge towards our costs and your lunch of £40.00 If we have to cancel any course ourselves (other than the weather forecast, see T&C’s) we will refund the full amount with no handling fees or charges.
- Please note it is your responsibility to have the appropriate insurance cover in place, including holiday, accommodation & lost work, in the event of a course postponement as per Exmoor Photography T&C’s.
- In addition, you may want to check with your accommodation provider (when booking) that they will provide you with an early breakfast.
- During the wildlife specials we run, including, The Deer Rut, Cuckoo, Ham Wall & (new Kingfisher). All the target species are wild therefore, we cannot guarantee finding and photographing them on the day of your course.
- If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
- Please note that the essential purpose of our workshops/course is to educate participants, the transporting service is an ancillary part of the overall service and that we are not required to operate a private hire vehicle service. As governed by the Town Police Clauses Act, 1847 & Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act, 1976. (West Somerset Council assessment ref WK/000026650)
- However, we do have the following in place for your information, our Certificate of Motor Insurance covers business use, including using the vehicle for customer transport. The vehicle is fully MOT’d & serviced annually. Both Jack & Jamie hold current full UK Driving Licence. Jack your driver, has an annual full medical assessment with his GP. All staff are CRB checked where relevant.
- Exmoor Photography has Public Liability insurance (£5 million)
- We also complete an annual risk assessment, which is reviewed / updated when / if required
- Exmoor Photography is also licenced to use National Trust Land, these are renewed and reviewed annually.
- You can view all the relevant policies and vehicle documentation at the 'meet & greet' if you wish to.
- It is an essential booking condition that you accept the possible hazards involved while participating in the Photography courses with Exmoor Photography. All course attendees participate at their own risk and Exmoor Photography accepts no responsibility for injury or damage done to their persons or property.
- It is the customer’s responsibility to have adequate insurance in place for the duration of the course and the activities undertaken. The insurance should cover you for cancellation and/or curtailment of the course, medical emergency expenses, personal accident, injury and/or death.
- We carry a BSI compliant (BS-8599-1) first aid kit on board & a fire extinguisher.
- Exmoor Photography does not accept responsibility for any loss and damage of valuables, including camera equipment, during the course. We always advise that you adequately insure your camera equipment. We use Glover & Howe insurance services.
- The minimum age for the cover is 13 therefore; we cannot cater for persons below this age.
- A participating appropriate adult must accompany all course participants below the age of 18.
- Please also note we cannot accommodate dogs.
- Sorry, but we do not take other professional photographers on any of our courses.
- Refunds are subject to 15% handling charge (unless otherwise stated).